Building Division

Raul Rodriguez, Building Official


(305) 234-4262


(305) 234-5873

Mr. Rodriguez is in the office on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. To schedule an appointment with the Building Official, please contact the Building Department at (305) 234-4193 and speak to one of our Permit Clerks.

Department Hours

Monday-Friday (excluding holidays)
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.


The purpose of the Building Division is to assure compliance with the Florida Building Code, which regulates all building construction activities within the Town of Cutler Bay. These services include building plan review, the issuance of building permits and inspections during construction and issuance of Certificates of Occupancy.


The Building Department reviews building plans and conducts required building inspections, assesses potentially dangerous structures, and posts unsafe notices as needed.

The department also:

  • Communicates with contractors, developers, citizens, and design professionals on code related issues, and maintains all permitting records as required by state law
  • Monitors and regulates contractors' files to ensure proper licenses and insurance are in compliance with local and state regulations
  • Educates contractors and the public to the functions of the Building Department and associated codes, ordinances, laws, and rules


The Building Division provides many services to our citizens, builders, and contractors enabling the Town to maintain high standards of building integrity and preserve neighborhood property values. The staff is prepared to assist, and guide homeowners/contractors through the permit process on new construction, remodeling, or adding to an existing structure.

Contractor Registration 

State-certified and registered contractors that wish to conduct work in the Town of Cutler Bay register with the Town by completing a Contractor Registration form.

When contracting for home repairs or improvements it's important to proceed with caution.  Hiring an unlicensed contractor can result in other consequences including additional damage to your property.  A licensed contractor has the necessary education, skills, and expertise to perform the work, and has also acquired the insurance protections his license requires.  To verify a contractor's license or file a complaint against a contractor, call 1-850-487-1395 or visit

When is a Permit Required?

A permit is required by any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system.

Citizens and contractors who need permits, inspections and plan reviews can visit Town Hall for complete service, courtesy of the Town's contractor, Cap Government, Inc.

The Building Department accepts checks, money orders, Visa, or Mastercard.

If you require an inspection, please download the Inspection Request Form and deliver the completed form to the office during regular business hours or you may fax it to 305-234-5873.

You may submit your Inspection Request via email at
 Please include your permit number, type of inspection being requested, inspection address, contact name and phone number and any access code needed to enter the property when requesting an inspection through email. We cannot process your request without this information. Please be advised that if we receive your email after 3 pm it will not be scheduled for the following business day but rather the day after. Please be aware Plumbing and Mechanical inspections are performed only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Building and Electrical inspections are performed Monday thru Friday.

You may also request an inspection by calling the Inspection Hotline at 786-573-5515.

Expired Permits

Effective June 1, 2017, if you are a contractor or an owner-builder with an open/expired permit you will be restricted from applying for new permits until all expired permits have been renewed and/or closed. See Notice Regarding Expired Permits for more details.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.