Police Department FAQ


How do I obtain a permit for music or loud noise on the weekends or at night?

The Town does not issue permits for music or loud noise. Town residents must adhere to the regulations set forth by the Miami-Dade County Noise Ordinance. Please refer to the County Ordinance by visiting http://www.filmiami.org/noise_ordinance.asp.

Where can I find information regarding golf carts, including applications for registering my own and any Town Ordinance concerning them?

Please click here  for information regarding golf carts, registering your golf cart and Town Ordinance 10-03 relating to golf cart usage in the Town.

How do I navigate the traffic circles within the Town – specifically the traffic circle on Old Cutler Road?

Please read the informational handout below on how to navigate through a traffic circle:

Roundabout Information Flyer

I received a parking citation at one of the Town parks, where can I find information that indicates where I can and cannot park while visiting one of the Parks?

Town Park visitors are advised to park in vehicle designated parking lots and spaces only. Parking along the swale for Town sponsored Special events is permitted, as long as the visitor’s vehicle is not obstructing the side walk, obstructing a fire hydrant, or parking illegally on neighboring private property.

Where can I register my burglar alarm with the Town?

Please click here for information regarding burglar alarms, registering your burglar alarm and all corresponding Town Ordinances relating to burglar alarms.

Town Ordinances

All Town Ordinances are made accessible to residents via the Town Clerk’s Office. Ordinances may be accessed by clicking here 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.