Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the maintenance and programming of all of the Town's parks and recreational facilities. The department is responsible for conducting year-round programs, seasonal programs and special events.
The Department coordinates with local youth and adult leagues and organizations in providing year-round athletic programs for Town residents. The Department acts as the staff liaison for the Town Council-appointed Parks and Recreation advisory Committee. The Department also writes and, when successful, administers grants for park improvements and programming.
All eight Town parks are under the direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Etienne Bejarano. They include: Cutler Ridge Park, Lakes by the Bay Park, Bel Aire Park, Blue Heron Park, Saga Bay Park, Saga Lake Park, Franjo Park, Whispering Pines Park and Lincoln City Park
To view the map of all parks in the Cutler Bay area click here
• Implement quality parks and recreation programs that effectively address community needs and increase park usage
• Select and work with organizations to provide outstanding after-school and summer camp programs, a variety of active and passive sports and activities for all ages.
• Implement the Parks Master Plan objectives focusing on the design and construction phases for Town parks
• Develop community pride by enhancing the aesthetics of all parks and recreation facilities
• Provide accessibility to all people by implementing ADA standards in all park facilities
• Continue to explore possibilities for additional pocket parks and jointly with the Town Manager explore the location of a permanent Town Hall/Park Complex
• Market and promote our Town through an exciting campaign
• Devise park rules and regulations through community input and participation