Acting Building & Code Compliance Director
The purpose of the Code Compliance Division is to protect and enhance property values, maintain community appearance and standards, and to preserve the quality of life in our Community through the enforcement of Town Codes and Ordinances.
The Code Compliance Division is charged with ensuring compliance with the Town of Cutler Bay’s Code of Ordinances. Compliance is achieved through communication with and the education of our residents and business owners, utilization of approved inspection techniques; investigation of complaints; and if required, the imposition of fines and liens through a quasi-judicial hearing process and the issuing of citations. These processes act to provide an equitable, expeditious, and effective method of enforcing the Code of Ordinances. Citations may be appealed to a Special Master.
The Code Compliance Division performs community-wide inspections to maintain the highest standards of Cutler Bay. By forging an alliance with the community and its residents, the division staff will be able to achieve an exceptionally high compliancy percentage. Staff associates work closely with Police and Public Works Departments in order to achieve Town-wide community improvement programs.
The Division takes a customer centered, problem solving approach. Every effort is made to work with property owners regarding code violations. The Code Enforcement Office responds to complaints from citizens and routinely conducts inspections throughout the City to ensure the quality of our neighborhoods.
For purposes of code compliance, the Town has been divided into three geographic zones, each handled by a code compliance officer. The zones and assigned officers can be found on the Code Compliance Map.
Filing a Complaint
The Code Compliance Division responds to over 700 complaints a year. We accept anonymous complaints, but please be sure to provide the correct information regarding the potential violation. Please note that if the information is incorrect or insufficient, the investigation may be hampered and we will be unable to contact you.
If you think you know of a potential violation, you may report it as outlined below:
1. Online - Online Citizen Request Portal (GovQA) - Submit comments, complaints and service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. By phone - Call the Code Compliance office at (305) 234-4262 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
3. In person - Visit the Code Compliance Office located at 10720 Caribbean Blvd., Suite 110, Cutler Bay during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
4. Code Compliance Hotline - For violations that occur on weekends or after hours, call the Code Compliance Hotline at (786) 573-5551.
When filing a complaint, please provide the following information. Failure to provide this information may prevent the Division from responding to your complaint or inquiry in a timely manner.
- Contact information (Phone number with area code, cell number if possible, email)*
- Exact property address of where the problem/hazard exists
- Exact/specific statement describing the problem or concern
* This is required for contact/response purposes; please make note if you wish to remain anonymous for confidential purposes, updates may not be provided to anonymous parties.