Changes to Town Hall Services
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we've made changes to the service provided at Town Hall, which became effective today, March 23, 2020:
- All Town Departments, except the Building Department, will operate remotely (no walk-ins) and may be reached via phone or email Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- General Inquiries: (305) 234-4262
- General Inquiries Email: email@example.com
- Building Department: (305) 234-4193
- Code Compliance: (305) 234-4262
- Parks Office: (786) 573-5502
- The Building Department will operate by appointment only (no walk-ins)
- Appointments with the Building Department will be scheduled to occur between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m., Monday to Friday
- To schedule an appointment, call the corresponding number listed below:
Free Meals for Seniors and Children
Miami-Dade County is offering free meal delivery to qualifying seniors as well as free meals for children 18 and younger.
- Call 3-1-1 to arrange for free meal delivery for seniors (or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 2-1-1 to arrange for free meals for children 18 and younger (you can also text FLKIDSMEALS to 2-1-1 or visit www.SummerBreakSpot.FreshFromFlorida.com
Miami-Dade Public Transit - FREE during COVID-19 Pandemic
As of yesterday, March 22, Miami-Dade Transit suspended fares for all services, including transit and parking at Metrorail stations. Additionally, auto-reloads for monthly pass holders have been suspended and riders are asked to board through the rear entrance when riding Metrobus.
These measures are being taken to limit the need for non-essential interactions and for the safety of our riders and operators. Read more here
County Mayor Signs New Emergency Orders and Amendments Over the Weekend
Over the weekend, County Mayor Carlos Gimenez signed two new emergency orders and two amendments, as listed below:
- Emergency Order 08-20: Rafting is prohibited
- Emergency Order 09-20: Hotels, motels, short-term vacation rentals and other commercial lodging establishments shall not accept new reservations for persons other than essential lodgers.
- Amendment 2 to Order 06-20: all marinas and boat launches, docking, fueling, marine supply, and other marina services in the incorporated and unincorporated areas of Miami-Dade County must close
- Amendment 2 to Order 07-20: The sale of alcoholic beverages is authorized. Firearm and ammunition supply stores can stay open following the restrictions of Emergency Order 03-20. Businesses providing services to any local, state or federal government, including municipalities, pursuant to a government contract, can remain open.
Restaurant Owners - Join Miami Eats Campaign to Help Promote Your Business
If you're a restaurant owner looking for additional ways to market your business during this time of COVID-19 impacts, consider participating in the Miami Eats free campaign that the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau has coordinated. This new program was conceived to help restaurants inform patrons of their takeout and delivery offerings, and ultimately, stimulate business for locals’ beloved restaurants and most importantly – their owners, chefs and employees. Click here to read their full press release and learn how to sign up.
For additional updates regarding the Town of Cutler Bay's operations during the Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic, visit our designated COVID-19 webpage or call Town Hall Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at (305) 234-4262.