Miami-Dade County Public Library System Closes
n response to COVID‑19, the Miami‑Dade Public Library System (MDPLS) will close all its library locations to the public effective Wednesday, March 18 until further notice.
MDPLS wants to remind its customers that although its physical locations will be closed, its online library is always open and accessible from anywhere through www.mdpls.org. A wealth of digital options are available to patrons for free with their library card, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital magazines, movies, music, online learning and tutoring and more.
Read their full statement
Parks Sanitizing Playgrounds Daily
As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, our top priority is keeping our residents safe and healthy. As an extra safety measure we are sanitizing our Town playgrounds on a daily basis.
Mayor Gimenez Signs New Emergency Orders
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez has signed two new Executive Orders:
CHI Opens a COVID-19 Testing Site for CHI Patients
Please be advised that the COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Site located just outside of Cutler Bay at the Doris Ison Health Center on 10300 SW 216th Street (map attached indicates center’s location) is being coordinated by Community Health of South Florida (CHI) and NOT by the Florida Department of Health. The testing at this site is only available to CHI patients who must follow the steps below to be seen:
- Before your visit, please call Community Health of South Florida (CHI) Doris Ison Health Center at (305) 253-5100 to determine whether symptoms meet criteria for testing
- If determined by CHI that criteria is met, and you are a patient of CHI, proceed to the drive thru location (10300 SW 216 Street) and follow the signs in the parking lot. Please be sure to bring your driver's license and health insurance card (if available)
- Stay in your vehicle. A clinic employee will direct you on where to go and will give you the necessary paperwork to fill before conducting testing
- An initial screening test will be conducted by a medical provider to determine if COVID-19 testing is necessary. Once your screening test is conducted, a clinic employee will direct you to a parking spot to await further instructions
- COVID-19 test results are currently taking 48 to 72 hours. If you receive COVID-19 testing after the screening, you will be asked to agree to voluntary but stringent self-quarantine rules. Testing is available Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to Noon
If you are planning to visit the CHI center for any other medical needs, please be advised of the following:
- Before your visit, please call CHI at (305) 253-5100
- You must speak with a CHI employee on the phone before entering the clinic
If you are NOT a CHI patient but are ill and suspect you may have COVID-19, call your healthcare provider to determine if you may need to be seen and follow the steps on what to do if you are ill as recommended by the CDC.
As an additional option, Baptist Health South Florida is offering a free Virtual Urgent Care Screening as a first line of defense to screen COVID-19. Visit the link below and use code CARE19: https://go.baptisthealthcareondemand.net/care19/
For additional updates regarding the Town of Cutler Bay's operations during the Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic, visit our designated COVID-19 webpage or call Town Hall Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at (305) 234-4262.